Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Self-Directed Learning Should Be

On my quest to discover what other students are doing around the world, I came across a video showcasing a group of students from Arkansas that has my mind spinning.  I am simply blown away by what these students have created and achieved.  I know my students are capable of nothing less if given the opportunity.  The students of the Environmental and Spatial Technology (EAST) program, at Horace Mann Magnet Middle School, in Little Rock, Arkansas have truly inspired me to push my students to reach their own potentials.  It is my job to provide them with such opportunities.  If I do not step up my GAME, I am failing my students.  This video demonstrates the potential of middle school students when given the opportunity, support, and encouragement to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment